Friday, February 13, 2009

A NEW STOVE!!!!

I know with the economy being in the dumps like it is, I shouldn’t be proud of spending a large amount of money….but I’m SO HAPPY to have a new stove. First, a little background. My old stove came with the house. That means it was about 19 years old! The typical life span of a stove is about 10 years…so I think we did pretty darn well! We had the electronic pilot light replaced about 3 years ago. At the time, the repairman told us we’d be lucky to get another year out of it. I’m glad his estimation was off by a couple years because, seriously, we couldn’t have afforded it back then. Especially since we had to replace our fridge last May because the water line decided to bust (another 19 year old appliance!). But, that fridge now proudly sits in our garage holding drinks and whatever else. Without the water line connected, it still works great. Thank God for small miracles!!!!



Here's a pic of my new stove:






It has 5 burners and I’m madly in love with it. We bought it at a scratch and dent place for a really good price. Retail on it is $848…we paid $600. The funny thing is, the scratches & the one dent are on the sides. Yes. The sides. That means you can’t see them when it’s installed. I find it hilarious that we saved ~$250 because of imperfections that nobody can see. But, I’ll take it if it saves me money!

L

No comments:

Post a Comment